Jay Leno will depart from ‘The Tonight Show’ on February 6, 2014. He will say his goodbyes just before the Winter Olympics pick up again on February 23rd.
Jay Leno’s successor — Jimmy Fallon — will take over ‘The Tonight Show’, TV Line reports. Conan O’Brien previously took over a few years prior, (only to have Leno return and leave again).
Here’s a snippet of the full report from TV Line:
NBC Chairman Robert Greenblatt recently told reporters he hopes Leno will “still be a presence” on the network after February.
“We’ve been having conversations with Jay. We have various ideas,” he told reporters at the Television Critics Assoc. summer press tour. “Nothing would make us happier, a la Bob Hope, to have him be part of the network.”
How do you feel about Jay Leno’s departure? Do you think Leno will retire from TV, or will he partake in another nighttime talk show? Let me know in the comments below.
To read the full story, click on the link below:
Source: TV Line